Friday, September 12, 2008

Joe Satriani - Professor Satchafunkilus and the Musterion of Rock


I've been a fan of Joe satriani music since listened Surfing with the Alien from my brother, and he turned me onto the whole burgeoning genre of instrumental rock, my exploration of which continues to this day through Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, Liquid Tension Experiment, Bozzio,Levin,Stevens, Greg Howe,Paul gilbert,Balawan ,Tohpati,Dewa Budjana,Faizal Reza,Ahmad Dhani,lisianova and too many others to mention. I have all of his discs, and I always look forward to his new releases with great anticipation. I have seen him live on three different occasions. So my review is a comparison of this release to his other works as well as to those other artists I mentioned.This release starts off with the great melodies we all love Joe for, and the monotonous rhythm tracks we always pray will magically disappear. It's a mixed blessing. One of my favorite Joe CDs is his self-titled effort, with a group of hard-core musicians who helped push him along through the tracks and provide counterweight to his huge sound. I much prefer seeing him live because the rhythm section gets to live it up a little and provide some meaty fills.

0 comments: