Monday, October 20, 2008

ramones - Road to Ruin


ramones - Road to Ruin.this is The Ramones fourth album is another their classic album. "Road To Ruin" found the Ramones breaking the limits set by the first three albums, with a variety of instruments, solos and songs that broke the three minute mark. There was even an incredible ballad, the heartbreaking "Questioningly." The Ramones not only wanted the world, they wanted to be taken seriously.

While their drummer Tommy was replaced by Marky on this album, but Tommy was still around as the group's producer. The group's sound "matured" somewhat on this album, but still stayed true to their punk roots. Just about all the songs here are classics, with "I Wanna Be Sedated" being a classic among classics. The CD has five bonus tracks. Their isn't a single bad song on "Road To Ruin." It may have taken a few years to raise the amazing "I Wanna Be Sedated" to classic radio status, but better late than never. "She's The One," "Go Mental" and Joey's unbeatable cover of "Needles and Pins" should have all been hits, but radio in 1978 was still all about "D'ya Think I'm Sexy."

Track Listings
1. I Just Want To Have Something To Do
2. I Wanted Everything
3. Don't Come Close
4. I Don't Want You
5. Needles & Pins
6. I'm Against It
7. I Wanna Be Sedated
8. Go Mental
9. Questioningly
10. She's The One
11. Bad Brain
12. It's A Long Way Back
13. I Want You Around (Ed Stasium version)
14. Rock 'N' Roll High School (Ed Stasium version)
15. Blitzkrieg Bop/Teenage Lobotomy/California Sun/Pinhead/She's The One (live)
16. Come Back, She Cried A.K.A. I Walk Out (demo)
17. Yea, Yea (demo)

0 comments: